November 05, 2013

OAFC Day 3: Dramatic Tone

No comments:
 
Catch of the day: Dramatic Tone
I drew the dramatic tone filter for day three and was very excited to get shooting! This filter produces "dramatic" shadows and I felt at times that it also produced a halo around bright objects. The result is very cool with an increase in dynamic range that comes with the expense of losing detail. Landscapes with a lot of clouds are particularly suited for this filter as they turn up looking like a torrential storm is coming no matter what. I found this filter also paired nicely with textured objects, silhouettes and shadows because of the "super high contrast look". I think the photography gods are looking out for me because I stepped out for my morning session and again felt the day was perfectly paired for this challenge =)

Working high 100mm, f/8, 1/4000, iso 200
Ominous, 15mm, f/8, 1/1000, iso 250
In the shadows, 50mm, f/5.6, 1/4000, iso 200 
Leap of faith, 150mm, f/8, 1/350, iso 250
Splash, 89mm, f/8, 1/250, iso 200
Dramatic tone adds a lot of character to your images and I came back with a lot of SOOC Jpegs that I liked. I think it would be extremely difficult to replicate this effect in Lightroom but I intend to give it a try just for fun. One thing that I enjoyed was that this filter was very "dark" and I felt like I was in Gotham City looking through my viewfinder even though it was pretty sunny outside. This has inspired me to see how this filter performs at night in the city when I get home. Thanks for dropping by and come back tomorrow to see my next filter challenge! =)

Sam D

More photos!




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff