November 07, 2013

OAFC Day 6: Pinhole

No comments:
 
Catch of the day: Pinhole
This morning I randomly picked the "pinhole" filter from my cup o fun and today's shooting session was awesome! It is another "dark" filter and on top of an increase in contrast it adds a pretty significant vignette around your image. The vignette is noticeable, but does not extend very far into the frame and if you were to actually use a pinhole lens you would notice a more drastic effect.  It worked like a charm with all of my lenses but the effect looked especially nice when I introduced a shallow depth of field. Today was nice and rainy and I must say, perfect for the occasion.

Gray, 15mm, f/8, 1/500, iso 200
Chipped, 50mm, f/4, 1/90, iso 200
Fire station, 150 mm, f/5.6, 1/125, iso320
Ventilation, 50mm, f/5.6, 1/90, iso 1000
Seeing double, 15mm, f/8, 1/45, iso 200
As you can see, this filter introduced a darkness into my photos that is pretty difficult to replicate in lightroom. I found that the vignette stood out more when I used my kit flash (second and fifth photo) and I really liked the overall look of this combination. Next time its raining in your area, strap on your EM5 and a weather sealed lens and take this filter out for a ride! I dont think you will be disappointed =) Thanks for visiting! I am officially half way done with the challenge and ALMOST home! Come back tomorrow to see what I have to work with next!

Sam D.

More sample photos:






No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff